Advantages and Disadvantages of Industrial Automationadmin
Advantages and Disadvantages of Industrial Automation :
- The task performed by human operators involving tedious physical work can be easily replaced.
- Human operators can avoid working in dangerous production environments with extreme temperatures, pollution, intoxicating elements or radio-active substances.
- The tasks that are difficult for a typical human operator can be easily done. These tasks include lifting heavy and large loads, working with extremely tiny objects etc.
- Production is always faster and the cost of the product is significantly less (when compared to the same product that is produced with manual operation).
- Several quality control checks can be integrated into the production process to provide consistency and uniformity.
- The economy of the industry can be significantly improved, which has a direct impact on the standard of the living.
- Loss of jobs. Since, majority of the work is done by machines, the requirement for manual labour is very less.
- All the desired tasks cannot be automated using the current technology. For example, products with irregular shapes and sizes are best left for manual assembly. (This trend seems to be changing with advanced computers and algorithms).
- It is feasible to use automation for certain process i.e. high-volume production, repeatable and consistent products.
- The initial cost of implementing an automation system is very high.
- A set of skilled personnel is always a requirement for maintenance and service.
PRECISE AUTOMATION AND CONTROL PVT LTD BOASTS A WIDE ARRAY OF INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS WITH ASSOCIATION INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION MARKET LEADER ABB SINCE 1999.
FOR MORE PROJECTS…
STAY TUNED FOR OUR NEXT BLOG | INDUSTRY 4.0 – FUTURE OF INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION